The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine offers two bursaries to encourage young Canadians to learn about and pursue a career in the field of addiction medicine. Both bursaries are open to students who:
- Show an interest in addiction medicine
- Attend a Canadian college or university
- Are enrolled in a healthcare-related program of study
- Have the written support of their program/supervisor
- Are 18 years of age or older
Special consideration will be given to applicants who belong to or work with groups that are underrepresented in the field of addiction medicine, to applicants who plan to contribute to the conference proceedings and to applicants who have not previously received a bursary.
CSAM-SMCA Student Bursary
The Canadian Society for Addiction Medicine offers up to 25 bursaries to students and trainees interested in learning more about addiction medicine. Each successful bursary applicant will receive:
- A full virtual registration to the CSAM-SMCA 2021 Scientific Conference
- Full access to the CSAM-SMCA Fundamentals Course
- A one-year membership to CSAM-SMCA
- A one-year subscription to the Canadian Journal of Addiction
Application deadline is August 15, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
CSAM-SMCA Karen Mellor Bursary
Karen Marie Mellor was the CSAM-SMCA National Executive Assistant until her death in 2019. She was instrumental in the society’s growth, driving key changes that allowed our organization to thrive. In October 2019, at the age of 56, Karen passed away after struggling with an illness related to smoking.
In her memory, the CSAM-SMCA Board of Directors established the Karen Mellor Award. The recipient of the CSAM-SMCA Karen Mellor Award will receive full registration for the CSAM-SMCA 2021 Scientific Conference, including the CSAM-SMCA Fundamentals Course, plus a $750 Cash award.
The deadline to apply is August 15, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.